Family Resource Youth Services Coalition of Kentucky
Legislative Page Application
- All information must be filled out completely to be accepted, incomplete applications will not be accepted for the Legislative Page Program.
- You will need information from your school’s FRYSC Coordinator to complete this application.
- Notifications that students are accepted as a Page will be mailed in JANUARY 2021.
The FRYSCKy Coalition has (3) three fundamental goals by sponsoring the Legislative Page Program:
- To provide 5th-12th grade students with real life situations relating to Social Studies Core Content 2.4 and 2.15.
- Provide students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to participate as a Page.
- To spotlight the role of the FRYSC in the educational process.
- SELECTING STUDENT LEGISLATIVE PAGES IS A LONG PROCESS. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED UNTIL JANUARY 2021 THAT THEY HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE.
- PAGE DAYS ARE HELD SOMETIME IN FEBRUARY AND MARCH 2021.
- WE WILL NOT KNOW EXACT DATES UNTIL JANUARY. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO COME FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL DAY 10 – 6 PM.
- PLEASE DO NOT CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR TO ASK ABOUT THE DATE OR PLAN WITH THEM, WE WILL DO ALL OF THAT FOR YOU.
Please submit to your school’s FRYSC Coordinator on a separate piece of paper in the student’s own handwriting a statement in 100 words or less, “What I want my legislator to know about my FRYSC.” OR “Why do I want my legislator to support FRYSC.”
If selected, this statement will be given to the legislator with whom you page.
- I hereby give permission for my child to participate as a Page as assigned in the Kentucky State Legislature during the 2021 Session. I understand I am responsible for transportation per the regulations of my child’s school district.
- I further release the original writing of my child for publication at the sole discretion of the FRYSCKy Coalition.
- I hereby give permission for the taking and publication of my child’s picture and name in public media.